The Myers and Briggs personality test is considered to be one of the most accurate tests of personality, developed by a mother-daughter duo, Myers and Briggs. It is based upon the different personality types listed by Carl Jung.
I am here to talk about INFJ, which is the rarest personality type in the world; they constitute a total of 2% of the world population.
Since there aren’t a lot of people who are INFJ, there is not a lot we know about them. Which is why I am here with a few facts about them:
1. INFJs do not really take part in big social events or gatherings. They like being on their own the most.
2. Even though they are not the most social beings, all INFJs are excellent friends. Not only that, they possess leadership qualities that are par excellence as well.
3. All INFJs are a little different from the grain. Every INFJ, at some point in their life, has felt different from the people around them and, most of the times, they cannot really pinpoint what is making them think that way.
4. Their approach to life is not like all of us, they will never settle for something they are not 100% sure about and are not sure that the other person is completely committed.
5. Talking to an INFJ is easy, simply because of who they are. They have this ability to make people comfortable instantly, which makes them great companions for people who need to vent out their frustrations.
6. They are great judges of character and can always tell what kind of a person you are after meeting you for the first time. They are also good at understanding what might be hurting you and are very empathetic.
7. INFJs seek the real truth. They want to know what is actually real and if something is not real, they would not think twice before being done with it.
8. I mentioned above that INFJs are not the most social but that does not mean that they cannot ace gatherings that they know they need to. Public speaking is their forte.
9. They are idealistic and have a certain belief that they can never alter, no matter what. Sometimes, this poses problems but it is just one of their traits.
10. Group projects are not an INFJ’s favorite thing but, if they absolutely have to, they will deal with it. Other than that, they tend to be popular among people but only have a few friends but these people are people they will keep for the rest of their lives, always being there for them.
11. A purpose is what every INFJ wants in everything. They do not want to engage in small talk because that does not lead to anything fruitful.
12. They do not do very well with criticism, because of how hard they work to get something done. Sometimes the pressure of delivering also gets to them.
13. INFJs know that the pen is mightier than the sword, and boy are they skilled! The most famous people are INFJs.
14. Decision making is something that comes from within for INFJs, and they do not get swayed by other people. They decide stuff based on what they truly feel.
15. People who are INFJ have a tendency to indulge in deep thinking. They like to think about everything around them and what things actually mean.
16. INFJs are anything but short sighted. They think of life in terms of the future and that is how they live. They know exactly what they want to achieve and they work accordingly. They are not here just to have fun so sometimes they forget to be present at the moment.
17. Every INFJ feels a need to help people and make sure that they “fix” their problems, even if the said person is not asking for help. It is just something in their nature and they cannot sit calmly until and unless they are sure that they have solved every issue at hand.
18. They just don’t date. They fall in love and they intend to stay in love for the rest of their lives.
The featured image was originally taken by Sean Archer/500px