Research shows that babies tend to cry most between the ages of two weeks and three months, with crying peaking between six to eight weeks. Periods of inconsolable crying are not unusual. Just like adults, babies have a range of different needs and crying is one of their ways of trying to let their parents know what they need. Some babies keep on crying even when you’ve tried everything and there are no obvious signs of illness.
If you find that your baby is constantly crying; they may have colic. Colic is excessive crying or extended and repeated periods of crying or fussing in babies who are otherwise healthy and thriving. Common symptoms in babies usually begin within the first few weeks of life and generally end by around three months.
However, there is a way by which a parent can deal with a crying or a fussy baby. It is called Reflexology.
Reflexology is the application of pressure to areas on the feet, hands, and ears. Reflexology is generally relaxing and may be an effective way to alleviate stress. The theory behind reflexology is that these areas correspond to organs and systems of the body. Proponents believe that pressure applied to these areas affects the organs and benefits the person’s health.
Reflexologists use foot charts to guide them as they apply pressure to specific areas. Sometimes these practitioners use items such as rubber balls, rubber bands, and sticks of wood, to assist in their work. Practitioners of reflexology include chiropractors, physical therapists, and massage therapists among others.
Knowing about a few stress points on the baby’s foot and using Reflexology, we can calm them down.
1. Sinuses in the face are the spaces that develop from the nasal passages and help with air humidification and mucus secretion. Inflammation of the sinuses may decrease the ability for the mucus to drain, increasing pressure within the sinuses, which can cause a sinus headache. Common causes of inflammation include allergies, infections, or colds. It is very difficult for the baby when they are going through sinus pain. In order to ease the pain, we must apply pressure right below the toes, on the soles.
2. It’s not hard to tell when your baby starts teething. He or she may be irritable during the day and sleepless at night. Your baby was born with all 20 primary teeth below their gum line. They typically start to come through between 6 and 12 months. Children usually have their full set of baby teeth in place by the age of 3. Trouble sleeping and loss of appetite are a few symptoms of teething. In order to relieve the baby from this irritation or pain, you can gently massage the tip of the baby’s toe. This will also make the baby fall asleep faster.
You will also like: Who’s the Real Mother of The Child? Check Your Personality Based on Judgment
3. Stomach pain is one of the most common things that happen to a baby. A baby is irritated and feels helpless. If your baby seems unusually fussy, it could be a tummy ache. Pay attention to when your baby seems uncomfortable, as well as what other symptoms it has, such as a fever, vomiting, or diarrhea. In order to relieve a baby from stomach pain, one must massage the center of a baby’s toe. The massage has to be done in a circular motion.
4. If a baby is not massaged properly, there would not be a proper flow of blood in the baby’s body. The fluids may not reach the proper places and this may lead to chest congestion. Chest congestion is often a symptom of respiratory illnesses. It refers to excess mucus in the airways that makes it difficult to breathe. You might notice a rattling sound or wheeze when your baby breathes if its chest is congested. Babies can’t cough up all that mucus because their chest walls are not fully developed. To relieve the baby of this pain, one must massage the soles on the foot’s arch in a gentle circular motion.
5. Most babies feel a lot of pain in the pelvis area and it may happen due to sudden movements that they make or because sometimes they fall very hard on their knees while trying to walk. In order to relieve the baby of this pain, one must try and massage the heel of their foot.
6. Diagnosing intra-abdominal pain in babies are quite difficult. An infant with abdominal pain may present early with poor feeding, crying, and irritability. Early diagnosis is related to substantially better outcome and consequently decreased morbidity. In order to relieve a baby of abdominal pain through reflexology, one must massage between the soles and the baby’s foot.