Off The Record
After Closer Inspection Of This Dog’s Face The Vet Realized How Serious It Was
“My sister noticed her pups face was swelling up, so she brought him to the vet immediately. After close inspection, it wasn’t a bee. It was much more serious…”
According to Mayo clinic allergies occur when your immune system reacts to a foreign substance — such as pollen, bee venom or pet dander — or a food that doesn’t cause a reaction in most people.
Your immune system produces substances known as antibodies. When you have allergies, your immune system makes antibodies that identify a particular allergen as harmful, even though it isn’t. When you come into contact with the allergen, your immune system’s reaction can inflame your skin, sinuses, airways or digestive system.
In the case of this particular dog, it was’t bee. If they didn’t discover it, the dog could’ve had the airways completely blocked.
It’s a common misconception that dogs don’t have allergies, but they do. They can also be allergic to certain food, fleas or environmental allergens.
According to the American Kennel Club, there are quite a few different types of allergies in dogs. Skin allergies, food allergies, and environmental allergens all pose challenges for dogs and their owners, and to make things more complicated, the symptoms of all these different types of allergies can overlap.
A dog owner was shocked to see his furry friend’s face getting extremely swollen one day. She wasn’t sure whether a bee stung him, so she took him to the vet immediately.
The owner was shocked to find out that the dog had allergic reaction to the food she recently purchased for him. If she neglected the symptoms and the swelling, thinking it’s a bee, it could’ve been a lot worse.
Luckily the pup was fine and the vet administered medication in order to keep the airways open and bring down the swelling.
The dog owner issues a grave warning to all pet owners to be more cautious of allergies, because they can truly affect the health and wellbeing.
If you spot any of the symptoms mentioned above, take your dog to the vet right away.
Please SHARE this story with a dog owner!