Overtime you will learn about the many things that will fulfill your needs and desires in life. You will also find ways to include them in your life to make your everyday activities seem more fulfilling and engaging.
But the following breakthroughs that are going to be exposed below will change your life forever!
1. Everything that you believe in is in your brain. Your principles are either formed by personal experiences or by the society, and they do not define who you will be in the future. You can change them and thus change yourself.
You can read more about it in the book The Power of Now. All of your passing experiences, if they are holding negative vibes, you can easily get rid of them.
Thoughts are mere fragments of a passing memory as you are going through a moment, nothing more. Don’t let them hold so much power over you. Every other sound, smell and experience is temporal. The only reason you remember any detail is because you paid extra attention to it, you observed it. The power of the mind is a topic paid much attention to in all the religions.
2. Life will unfold beautiful moments when they are meant to happen. Therefore, you should pay extra attention to each moment that you go through instead of indulging in the past or thinking about the future because, if you want to bring any change, it can only happen now. This will prevent you from battling problems that are not even real.
You can easily solve anything as soon as you realize you have the opportunity to in the present moment. You cannot deal with the past or future because it is simply a power you cannot attain, and trying to achieve it will only worsen your current life.
3. If you deal with moments nicely as they happen, this is what will determine the quality of your life and you as a person. You can consider this to be a free advice; it will stop you from overthinking, no matter how tempting it is. You must learn how to deal with bad situations at home and work and try to put the effort in it at the very moment instead of thinking how you will eventually deal with it, because the right time is right now.
For example, if you have a misunderstanding with a friend, talking about it would easily fix your issue and stop you from dwelling on it instead of keeping a grudge against her. Because that would only severe your friendship and your mental state.
You will also like reading: 10 of the Biggest Underrated Truths about Life
4. Everyone in general has a very bad habit of compulsive thinking that is so enveloping, that we lose control of the fact that we are nearly always thinking. We are not looking at the world and people through a clear lens of reality but rather through our own expectations of them and we are being selfish this way, trying to find our personal interests in it. This makes most people have a difficult time scrutinize things with a great deal of confusion.
5. Suffering is a part of life. Humans have always suffered and gotten better at it. It does not sound like the discovery you might be expecting, but it will benefit you to understand that suffering is completely human and natural. It is a way and an opportunity to grow as a person.
You don’t need to constantly improve on anything – being content is a good and easy way to go about life. Humans have always had this constant urge to change or escape the present moment. It is the major factor that drives nearly all of our behavior. What seems like a very simple thing for motivation is actually a ruthless survival mechanism. It is a mechanism that works surprisingly well to keep us alive and going.
However, it has many downsides attached to it. It is inherently destructive by nature. The need to constantly change never lets you stay satisfied, which makes you ungrateful for the current moment and situation. It is a grim and complicated issue but at least acknowledging it as an issue may help you to deal with it your way eventually.