“If only I could turn back time…”
Yes, we’ve all had those days when we spent hours and hours regretting past actions. The opportunities we lost, the friendships and chances we would never get back.
Isn’t life already hard enough? Why waste time thinking what could’ve been done differently? Instead, let’s make a change from today. Here are 25 things you should do to stop yourself from regretting your life choices.
1. Always say what you want to say. That will be your only chance to express your feelings.
2. Be brave enough to hold on to the things which you value. Other’s opinions don’t matter in case of your likes and dislikes.
3. Are you the person you wanted to be when you grow up? If not yet, don’t stop working towards your dream. It’s never too late.
4. Forget the things which do not matter to you anymore. At your 20s, it’s easy to think everything is important.
You will also like: Do You Want to Be Happier? Ask Yourself This Question Every Morning
5. Actually go live your life and do exciting things, instead of posting about it on social media.
6. Stop overreacting about everything. Take things calmly.
7. Don’t waste your time judging people and gossiping about them. You have so many other things to talk about.
8. Calling yourself ‘fat’ or ‘ugly’ is not going to make your character. What really matters, is the person you are inside. Be yourself. Be confident.
9. Talk to people. Learn about their lives. Really listen to what they have to say. This little effort will make you know yourself better.
10. Start being a more sympathetic and kind person. Your kindness can make someone’s day better. Even yours.
11. It’s alright to make mistakes sometimes. Nobody is perfect. Give some space to yourself. Live in the present and have fun.
12. Read more. Learn about new things, places, and people. Instead of depending on the Internet, get books made out of paper.
13. Try understanding other people’s feelings. Being nice to others will also help you grow.
14. Your soulmate isn’t going to be sent to your doorstep suddenly. Go outside and look for them.
15. Remove the “I’m too young to start saving money.” voice from your brain. Don’t spend money on unnecessary things. Saving money from a young age will give you financial stability in future.
16. Work on yourself. Change your habits and start practicing good values. Being a better version of yourself will give you the confidence you need.
17. Plan missions for building yourself like a better human being. Make your decisions and act by them.
18. Don’t let your choices in life be the reason of regret in future. Think clearly before you do something important. Every action matters.
19. Let people give you their honest opinions. You may or may not agree with it. But listening to what people have to say is always great and can be helpful.
20. Is something bothering you? Look into it. Face your fears and try to understand why it bothers you. It will let you grow as a person. Batman was afraid of bats, but he made it his strength.
21. When you make a mistake, learn to accept it. Blaming others isn’t going to solve the problem.
22. When you discover what you want in life, you’ll find what gives you the most happiness.
23. Have a place to call Home. Wherever you go and whatever you do in life, you can always come back to the comfort of your home.
24. Don’t bury your face in your phone and dream about what you can do. Get outside and do it.
25. Try to make the most of your life. Don’t hold yourself back. Do what you want to do and say what you want to say. Never be afraid to fall in love, to fulfill your dreams and enjoy life.
“You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” -Dr. Seuss.
No matter how old you are, it’s never too late to become a better person. Prepare a list to guide you forward in life.
Remember to expect the very best from yourself. Expecting from others will let you down. So, set your goals and you’ll become a bigger version of yourself every single day.