Connect with us

13-Year-Old Girl Left With Terrifying Burns On Her Neck After Using Her Cellphone On A Charger

Off The Record

13-Year-Old Girl Left With Terrifying Burns On Her Neck After Using Her Cellphone On A Charger

Any parent, I believe, would concur that, starting from the moment of birth, safeguarding our children takes precedence above all other considerations.

We take great care to make sure that our children are kept safe since the thought of them getting sick or hurt is frequently unfathomable. For the majority of us, it’s more of an instinct that arises the moment we set eyes on our child than something we give it much thought.

Unfortunately, people have different opinions all the time, so even with the strictest due diligence, things can and will unavoidably go wrong.

Most parents will dread the day something uncontrollably happens, especially if it’s an accident or other experience they could not have predicted.

Jackie Fedro is well-versed in that area.

BuzzFeed reports that Jackie made the decision in 2016 for her 13-year-old daughter Gabbie to receive her own smartphone. An LG d500 was Gabbie’s Christmas present.

Jackie told BuzzFeed, “One of the reasons we finally gave in and bought her a cell phone is so we can keep in touch with her more with her crazy practice schedule.”

However, what transpired was a nightmare that none of them could have predicted. Jackie once heard Gabbie cry in her room while she was on her phone.

“She came running downstairs after it [happened] grabbing her neck,” Jackie recalled. “She was in so much pain she was screaming hysterically.”

“It’s the worst feeling in the world as a mother to watch your child scream in pain and have no idea how to help her. It took her a good five minutes before she was even able to tell us what had happened.”

When Gabbie’s phone was in its charger, she was using it, she admitted to her mother. The 13-year-old was shocked by electricity, which burned her neck as it went up the charging wire, into her phone, and into her metal necklace.

“She suffered painful second-degree burns and now will have a scar all the way around her neck,” Jackie told BuzzFeed.

Speaking about the concerning event, Jackie asked other parents to think about the little-known or never acknowledged risks associated with cellphone use.

“With so many kids using phones now days, parents need to be warned about the harm that they can cause,” Jackie said.

How horrifying! Have you previously heard of something similar?

Now Trending:

Please SHARE this story with Family and Friends and let us know what you think in comments!

Continue Reading
To Top