Connect with us

Brave Teddi Mellencamp Reveals Heartbreaking News Amid Cancer Battle

Off The Record

Brave Teddi Mellencamp Reveals Heartbreaking News Amid Cancer Battle

After six new brain tumors were found earlier this year, Teddi Mellencamp disclosed that she now had stage four cancer.

The 43-year-old Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star has already undergone more than 20 surgeries during her two and a half-year cancer struggle. She previously claimed to have felt as like she was on her “deathbed.”

Mellencamp told USWeekly that although she was first diagnosed with melanoma, the disease has already spread to her brain and lungs.

She found out she had four additional brain tumors a few days after her interview.

The rock star John Mellencamp’s daughter is now facing the fact that her son Cruz, 10, and daughters Slate, 12, and Dove, 5, may soon have to live without her.

Source: Freepik

Stage 4 cancer is the most severe and advanced stage of the disease, meaning it has spread to other parts of the body from its original location.

She said: “I had six brain tumors and two lung tumors; they all came from melanoma that metastasized into these tumors inside of my body.”

Mellencamp’s treatment strategy has changed in light of her dire prognosis. The singer stated: “I find out for sure exactly where we stand on June 1.” whether it’s the end, whether you need to have another round, or whether any additional surgery is required. It’s a difficult pill to take.

“It’s got to be extremely difficult to think about the end.”

“This is definitely the hardest thing [I’ve faced in my life], but now it feels less hard. When I was in the ICU, it was incredibly difficult because I had no memory. One day, I realized it was my daughter’s birthday, and I couldn’t be there for it; it was really sad. It’s still sad when I can’t be there for my kids the way I’d normally be.”

To combat the malignancy, Mellencamp has had radiation therapy and immunotherapy.

This follows the star’s disclosure of the castmate from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills who has deserted her while she battles brain cancer.

Teddi disclosed There has been no communication from Garcelle Beauvais.

But she claimed that since the beginning of her fight with cancer in 2022, Kyle Richards has supported her.

Teddi revealed that she sought professional medical assistance since she was experiencing migraines earlier this year. She was then diagnosed with two lung tumors and six brain tumors, both of which were caused by melanoma that had spread to the tumors.

The RHOBH alum needed an in at premiere medical facility Cedars-Sinai hospital so she turned to one of her former castmates as she said: “We call Kyle [Richards], and we’re like, ‘How do we get into Cedars?’ And she called around and found a way for us to get in. Kyle saved the day.” 

“I believe it was within 24 hours that an incredible surgeon was able to remove four tumors from my brain. I didn’t know they had been there for six months to a year, and we had no idea.”

Although Teddi has received a lot of Bravo stars’ support during her battle, she disclosed that one of them has not even messaged her, and another has set aside their rivalry to reach out.

She said: “Garcelle [Beauvais] has not reached out. Dorit [Kemsley] has now. I’m good friends with Erika [Jayne], so she said, ‘Dorit does want to reach out to you now, can she?” 

“I [said], ‘don’t know how quick I’ll be to forgive, but sure.’ But then her message was so nice that I have to say we’ll probably be fine.”

Garcelle revealed this week that she would be leaving the Bravo reality show after five seasons, starting in 2020.

Teddi continued by naming other Housewives, such as the previously mentioned Kyle, who have supported her.

The star said, “Kyle has been there nonstop. My favorite part about Vicki [Gunvalson] reaching out is she sent a Housewives coloring book that I’m not in. [Laughs]” 

“Denise [Richards] reached out, which was also a little bit of a shocker.”

According to reports earlier this week, Teddi’s fight against brain cancer has taken a further tragic turn, and the reality star is reportedly preparing her kids “for the worst.”

During her two and a half-year cancer struggle, the RHOBH star has already had more than 20 operations. She previously claimed to have felt as like she was on her “deathbed.”

She had melanoma at first, but it has already progressed, and she recently had surgery to remove four brain tumors.

More tumors were found in her brain and lungs earlier this month, forcing the daughter of singer John Mellencamp to face the possibility that she may soon have to leave her son Cruz, 10, and daughters Slate, 12, and Dove, 5, behind.

“Teddi is a fighter – anyone who has watched Real Housewives can attest to that,” Radar reported.

However, believing that she had overcome those obstacles just to be given yet another terrible illness simply saps her will to fight.

She had assured her kids that although their mother was ill, she would recover, but now she is crying as she tells them the terrible reality.

“Teddi does her very best to remain optimistic through her ordeals, but her main thought is with her family and beating this cancer for their sake.”

According to the publication, Teddi “faces a grim future of painful treatments and likely a tragic end,” according to oncologist Dr. Jerome Spunberg.

Teddi says, “Melanoma is just notorious for spreading, and more often than not, more tumors pop up even as doctors treat the existing ones.” Spunberg has not treated Teddi’s cancer.

“She’s likely facing a period of grave and painful medical ordeals, and the cure rate, unfortunately, is very low.”

Representatives have been contacted by DailyMail.com for additional comment.

On Saturday night, Teddi posted on Instagram that she was having trouble with swelling-related eye pain.

The mother of three first shared a picture of her daughter Dove on a trampoline with her “bestie.”

She wrote, “Shortly after this [photo was taken] nurse Kel and @lital_aschkenasy iced me up and got me ready to [lie] in silence and the dark because my eye pain comes back same time every day.”

A video clip of her sleeping with a big blue ice pack on top of her head was the next post on her Instagram Stories.

“Over it. I mean, the same time every single afternoon,” she said before taking a deep sigh and adding, “I can’t even watch my shows.”

Mellencamp went on to write, “Surgery swelling, please go away. I would owe you one.” 

She revealed in public in February that physicians had found many brain tumors, necessitating urgent surgery.

Six months passed before the celebrity eventually sought medical help for the affects of the expanding tumors.

Teddi stated earlier this month on her Two Ts in a Pod podcast with Tamra Judge that she had been dealing with migraines but chose to ignore the agony and continue living her life despite the challenges she encountered.

“I didn’t want to face any of it. And I was like, I just need to keep moving forward. And if I keep moving forward, then everything’s going to be fine,’ she explained about her mindset at the time.”

The former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star then talked about her challenging recuperation and being released from the hospital following her brain surgery on February 12.

She told listeners that she was forced to take ‘disgusting sodium pills’ because, in order to be discharged, she had to urinate. “I couldn’t pee, guys. I do not know why I could not pee,” Teddi said.

Earlier this month, Mellencamp updated her social media followers on her progress, continuing to openly detail her road to rehabilitation.

Uploading a selfie, she wrote, “Update from my scans today: I have multiple tumors in my brain that weren’t able to be removed via surgery. I also have 2 tumors in my lungs. These are all metastases of my melanoma.”

“The doctors are hopeful that immunotherapy will effectively treat them.”

Showing a touch of humor, she added, “I am feeling positive — that I will win this battle, that I got this wig (I like the short hair, just not the bald spots), and that I can remember all of Angelina’s kids’ names.”

In November, she declared her separation from Edwin Arroyave, her spouse of 13 years.

Now Trending:

Please SHARE this article with Family and Friends and let us know what you think in comments!

Continue Reading
To Top