Outgoing people with anxious minds – or minds that overthink – tend to feel anxiety the most intensely, often because we don’t talk about it. And by “often” I mean never.
Our anxiety is a contrast to our big, bold personalities. Strangers would never guess it. We never know when to fight or flight, and our self-angst is maxed out. We are often the life of the party but can also be mind-numbingly introspective, questioning everything.
1. A normal day would be summed up like this: Whenever we try to create something new, our anxious side presents a new reason why we shouldn’t do it. This makes us very conscious about undertaking any newer ventures.
2. We’re kind of a conundrum because we love people and need to be surrounded by people to be happy, but our over-thinking and our apprehension to immediately trust someone is, in fact, what makes us very selective about who we surround ourselves with.
3. We might have a lot of friends and people surrounding us but there are actually very few people whom we trust completely. It is difficult for us to confide but when we do, it is usually for life.
4. It is extremely easy for us to dominate a party scene. We as extroverts exude charm and so can easily infuse life into any party.
5. We are always over thinking and over analysing everything. This is possibly the very first thing we do every morning. Here’s an example from the types of conversation we are having every morning with ourselves – Ahhh what did I say to that one person that rather die than act like an idiot in front of? Did I talk too much? And what did they mean by “I’ll see you soon?” What does “soon” even mean? Like soon soon? Or “soon”?
6. When we’re dating, we are often labelled as being control freaks. The truth is quite different from this. Our insecurity breeds this distrust we have for people. And this happens more than you can possibly imagine.
7. Another thing that bothers us quite often is that while we may seem to be very bold and outgoing, the smallest of things can trigger elevated stress levels in us. Reasons could range from things such as picking up our dry cleaning to making a call to our doctor. The very thought of dealing with a task freaks the shit out of us.
8. This insecurity often leads to epic proportions where we might possibly imagine you’re dead or in horrible scenarios if you failed to return our calls. Yes, we agree that this is hyperventilating. But that’s just who we are.
9. Given the high amount of insecurity we suffer from, we are not really very hard at heart. It is very easy to melt us down. Even the smallest of gestures can suffice for that. Best part? We’ll never take you for granted.
10. We are our most vocal critics and therefore are always in control of our life.
11. We try to deliberately tire our brain so that it does not keep us awake all night with useless thoughts and existential questions.
12. We try to be surrounded by people often seeking attention and enjoying upon receiving it. It is safe to assume that we do not seek isolation but instead wish to enjoy our way through life.