Connect with us

Mother Removes Baby From Life Support. Second Later, Doctors Were At A Loss For Words

Off The Record

Mother Removes Baby From Life Support. Second Later, Doctors Were At A Loss For Words

All mothers fear that during labour something bad may happen. Parents just want a safe delivery of their child in this world.

When a baby boy was born with medical problems that required him to be put on a ventilator, the mother had to deal with a spine-chilling choice.

In addition to posting a picture of her beautiful grandkid, who was born to her daughter Chelsea, Lisa Hough revealed the grueling choice that her daughter had to make.

Karson, the grandmother of two and mother of three, was born with numerous medical issues.

Nana Lisa posted on her Facebook page and wrote, “The only way to explain what has happened is that this precious baby boy has undergone two very unusual traumatic diseases that are unconnected to one another.”

She said that her grandson experienced a “haemorrhage in the left temporal lobe” and was also suffering from non-ketotic hyperglycinemia, a rare inherited metabolic disease (NKH).

Lisa said that for the rest of her life, “His case is characterized as severe and would cause him to be profoundly neurologically damaged – functioning at a 2-3-month-old level at most.”

Considering all things and facts from the professional medical team around her, his mother made an incredibly difficult choice to remove him from life support.

“Although we weren’t prepared to say goodbye to Karson, we were ready for it. He would not breathe on his own, and we should expect his heart to cease within those 10 minutes, we were told after discontinuing intensive care and the ventilator.

But, Lisa claimed that “God had different ideas” and what they witnessed was nothing short of a miracle!

“Once the ventilator was removed, his heart rate and oxygen levels normalised. Now, five hours later, he is with this miracle baby who we were told would never breathe, swallow, have gag reflexes, or even survive. He is doing his breathing.

“He is chewing. He is holding on. Even yet, he has opened his eyes slightly a few times today.

Despite the odds and evidence against the little fighter, doctors were shocked to witness it. It was truly a miracle.

“I don’t know why I ever believed that we were so unworthy of a miracle…

The happy news was that the young fighter was delivered home to her and her family after a week.

“Every day, God brings me to my knees, and when I think he’s finished, he immediately reassures me that he isn’t. I am very grateful to God that He gave Karson his, and I will praise Him as long as I have breath in my lungs,” Lisa wrote.

The journey of the young fighter went viral on social media with more than 30,000 reactions on the post expressing the fantastic news that Karson had survived a tough battle and was now doing well.

We wish this family health and happiness and hope that Karson will grow up to make his parents proud.

Please SHARE this amazing story with your Friends and Family on Facebook!

Continue Reading
To Top