Connect with us

Mom Issues Warning After Toddler Nearly Lost Eyesight From Bath Toy

Off The Record

Mom Issues Warning After Toddler Nearly Lost Eyesight From Bath Toy

For kids and parents alike, bath time means wonderful time. We love buying them a lot of bath toys to level up their joy.

But one mom from Illinois shared a grave warning from a seemingly harmless bath toy that can lead to eyesight loss in children.

Eden Strong was enjoying a bath time with her son Baylor until she noticed his eyes were irritated. She tried cleaning his eye with water but it only got worse.

It came to her as a shock: he was diagnosed with cellulitis, a potentially serious bacterial infection. If untreated, it can spread and cause serious health problems. In just 12 hours his eye went from pink to infected.

“His eye was protruding from his face,” she said in a viral Facebook post. “It was very obscured. He was running a raging fever.

“I cried the entire drive to a larger hospital, praying that he wouldn’t lose his eye.

“The next week was pretty scary. He had severe cellulitis that eventually spread down his face and to both eyes. They warned me that he may lose vision in the worse eye, but in the end, thank the Lord his eyes healed.”

The cause of his infection was a squirting bath toy.

“I came to find out later that because the water is never fully expelled from those types of toys that they can just grow bacteria that you can’t stop,” she said.

Eden kept on posting unpleasant pictures from her son’s infection to warn other parents. The post has been shared by more than 322,000 people and seen by millions of people. Other parents also shared pictures of their kids with the same problem.

Strong hopes that manufacturers will take this seriously when producing the next batch of similar toys.

Even since the accident, she threw all the squeezable toys in the trash.

“I think those toys especially are cute. They’re fun. They’re cheap and they’re easy, but it’s not worth it.”

What this family had to go through, I am glad the poor boy recovered well.

Please SHARE this post to warn other parents!

Leave a comment

Continue Reading
Advertisement
To Top