Being an empath is when you are affected by other people’s energies and have an innate ability to intuitively feel and perceive others. Your life is unconsciously influenced by others desires, wishes, thoughts, and moods.
Being an empath is much more than being highly sensitive and it’s not just limited to emotions. Empaths can perceive physical sensitivities and spiritual urges, as well as just knowing the motivations and intentions of other people. You either are an empath or you aren’t. It’s not a trait that is learned. You are always open, so to speak, to process other people’s feelings and energy, which means that you really feel, and in many cases take on the emotions of others.
Many empaths experience things like chronic fatigue, environmental sensitivities, or unexplained aches and pains daily. These are all things that are more likely to be contributed to outside influences and not so much yourself at all. Essentially you are walking around in this world with all of the accumulated karma, emotions, and energy from others.
Discussed below are 15 signs that your child is a born empath:
1. Your child only has a few friends with whom it hangs around and plays. It doesn’t want friends who would stab them in the back and break their trust. Your child knows a few people whom it can blindly trust.
2. Your child doesn’t leave its friends when they are experiencing a problem. It treats their problems as their own and helps them to get through it. It shares the stress of their friends and even takes on the blames for their friends.
3. They don’t know how to handle the emotions that they are feeling. Whenever they are in stress, or they see that their friends are in stress, they act out very mysteriously. It is in a way very different from other children.
4. We have heard this saying that dogs are more loyal and better than men. But to an empath, nature, plants, and trees matter a lot. They connect with them on a deeper and a spiritual level that most people don’t understand.
5. They perceive things better than many children. They understand when they are being lied to. They see through people. They are very intuitive and can figure out the different facial expressions of a person easily.
6. They don’t like the company of other children. To them, other people are not trustworthy and less interesting. They find their own company far better than others. They would rather gaze and spend time among nature than play with other children in the park.
7. They pay attention to every little detail. They never miss out on a thing that is being said to them. They are very good listeners. They will help you out in times of needs and will also console you when you need them the most.
8. They don’t like things which are too overwhelming. They are not at all a social person. If there is a function or a family gathering, then you would find them missing from the scene after a period of time.
9. They live in a world of fiction and drama. The reality is not really their thing. They make their own world and happily live in it. It hurts them a lot if an unknown person intrudes their privacy and destroy the little world that they have created for themselves.
10. They are very compassionate. They will go out of their own way to help others. They cannot see their friends in trouble. Even if helping them creates trouble for him, they will still not think twice before helping them.
11. They are not very social and they do not mix very well with different crowds of people.
12. They are afraid of crowds. They cannot take it mentally. They would either hide or run away from it.
13. They are more sensitive than other children. Their senses are extremely sharp and they cannot take it when they are around loud noises.
14. They are very emotional and they are involved in things way deeper than they should. They are yet to figure out how to portray their emotions correctly.
15. Since they are so intuitive and can read facial expressions well, lying to them won’t be a good idea, as they will easily be able to figure it out.