Connect with us

Conor McGregor Has Declared His Intention To Run For President Of Ireland Following A Meeting With Donald Trump

Off The Record

Conor McGregor Has Declared His Intention To Run For President Of Ireland Following A Meeting With Donald Trump

Days after a contentious visit to the White House, Conor McGregor declared his intention to run for president of Ireland.

In an Instagram post, the MMA fighter—who was convicted guilty of raping a woman in a civil lawsuit in Dublin in November—showed off his ambitions while standing in front of a private jet and sporting a Make Ireland Great Again cap.

McGregor mentioned a “illegal immigration racket ravaging our country” at the White House a few days prior to the post.

“Ireland must fully implement the EU Migration Pact by June 12, 2026,” McGregor posted on Instagram.

Therefore, a number of pieces of legislation must be approved by both Houses of the Oireachtas and then signed by the President between now and June 12, 2026.

By November 11, 2025, the next presidential election must be held. Who else will oppose this bill and challenge the government?

Source: Wikipedia

“Any other Presidential candidate they attempt to put forward will be of no resistance to them. I will!”

“For clarity also, as President, I would put forth this bill to referendum.”

“Although I oppose greatly this pact, it is neither mine nor governments choice to make. It is the people of Irelands choice! Always! That is a true democracy!”

Earlier today, McGregor posted on X: “Ireland, the choice is yours and it is an easy one. Vote for me as your President and we will SAVE IRELAND TOGETHER!”

Ahead of a press conference with Donald Trump on Monday, McGregor criticized the Irish government as an administration of “zero action with zero accountability” and warned that Ireland was on the verge of “losing its Irishness.”

“Our money is being spent on overseas issues that is nothing to do with the Irish people,” he said.

Following Donald Trump’s mention of McGregor as one of his favorite Irish people last week, the sportsman received an invitation to the White House.

When they finally met on Monday, Conor McGregor called Donald Trump’s “work ethic” “inspiring.”

In front of a map of the Gulf of Mexico, sometimes known as the Gulf of America, the two posed for pictures in the Oval Office, holding hands and making lighthearted remarks.

Ahead of the meeting, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said in the briefing room: “We couldn’t think of a better guest to have with us on St Patrick’s Day.” 

Leaders in Ireland criticized McGregor’s visit to Washington, D.C. The remarks ‘did not reflect the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, or the views of the people of Ireland,’ according to Taoiseach Micheál Martin.

The occasion was described by Martin on X as “a day rooted in community, humanity, friendship, and fellowship.”

Simon Harris, now deputy prime minister, said in a video published to social media while visiting New York: “It’s for President Trump to decide to invite whoever he wants to his home and he’s perfectly entitled to do whatever he wishes in relation to who he decides to invite to the White House.”

“But let me be very clear: Conor McGregor is not here in the United States representing Ireland or the people of Ireland. He’s here in a personal capacity. He doesn’t speak for Ireland. He doesn’t speak for the people of Ireland. He has no mandate to do such, and my views on him are very clear.”

McGregor has not held a role in office before. But he has claimed that he would be the “only logical choice” for president of Ireland.

Michael D. Higgins is presently serving his second term as president of Ireland, having been elected in 2011 and 2018.

However, the Taoiseach, who is chosen by the lower house, the Dáil, holds the majority of actual political authority.

Yesterday, the Irishman boasted of having the “complete backing of the entire Trump administration.” 

On Wednesday morning he posted images of a meeting with US Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth. McGregor wrote, “Tremendously productive meeting!”

In another post with Department of Health chief Robert F Kennedy Jr, McGregor said, “Astounding meeting.”

The former UFC champion attended Trump’s inauguration in January. When asked if he would run for office he said, “We will see. We will see. We will see.” 

Meanwhile, in September last year, McGregor posted, X: “As President, I hold the power to summon the Dáil as well as dissolve it. So as i said before, I would have all the answers the people of Ireland seek from these thieves of the working man, these disrupters of the family unit, these destructors of small businesses, and on and on and on!” 

“These charlatans in their positions of power would be summoned to answer to the people of Ireland and I would have it done by day end.”

“Or I would be left with no choice but to dissolve the Dáil entirely. Stop the train until. The people of Ireland deserve the answers they seek. Point blank. This would be my power as President. I know very well. Ireland needs an active President employed wholly by the people of Ireland. It is me. I am the only logical choice. 2025 is upcoming.”

McGregor argued for himself as president in remarks made in December 2023, during tumultuous discussions surrounding the riots in Dublin that were brought on by the stabbings of three children and a caretaker in the city.

“Potential competition if I run. Gerry [Adams], 78. Bertie [Ahern]. 75. Enda [Kenny], 74. Each with unbreakable ties to their individual parties politics,” he wrote online.

Regardless matter how the general population feels about their party. Instead of governing the people, these parties govern themselves.

“Or me, 35. Young, active, passionate, fresh skin in the game. I listen. I support. I adapt. I have no affiliation/bias/favoritism toward any party. They would genuinely be held to account regarding the current sway of public feeling. I’d even put it all to vote.”

His bid received support Elon Musk, now Trump’s cost-cutting tsar, who replied, “I think you could take them all single-handed. Not even fair.”

Andrew Tate supports McGregor’s bid as well; he is accused of rape and human trafficking in Romania, which he denies.

He previously wrote, “My grandfather is from Limerick. I have the Irish passport. I will vote for you. We must do something before it’s too late.”

 Months after being held civilly liable in a Dublin High Court damages action brought by a woman who accused him of rape, McGregor made his trip to the White House.

After accusing the professional fighter of raping her in a Dublin hotel in December 2018, Nikita Hand, also known as Nikita Ni Laimhin, prevailed in her lawsuit against McGregor.

Following a three-week trial last year, the jury found Ms. Hand, 35, civilly guilty for assault and awarded damages and costs.

The jury ‘conclusively found’ that McGregor had raped Ms. Hand, according to a judge at the Dublin High Court.

The fighter’s Proper No. Twelve Irish whiskey was no longer sold by a number of large merchants after the lawsuit. He was also taken out of the Hitman video game.

McGregor is contesting the civil lawsuit’s verdict.

Tanaiste Mr Harris said in his statement following McGregor’s White House visit: “I’ve spoken to Nikita Hand. I admire her bravery, her courage, and I’d much rather be talking about Nikita Hand than Conor McGregor, quite frankly.”

After McGregor’s White House visit, the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre wrote to the US Embassy in Ireland.

They said his appearance “effectively normalises sexual violence and trivialises its impact on survivors.”

In addition, a federal lawsuit has been filed against McGregor and the Miami Heat of the NBA for allegedly sexually assaulting a lady in a restroom at the Kaseya Center while security was stationed outside the stall. The Irish combatant has insisted that he is innocent.

Earlier in the evening, McGregor hit Burnie, the team mascot, sending the costumed performer sprawling to the hardwood. He is also accused of sexually assaulting a woman at that game. The mascot rolled and kicked his feet in what appeared to be pain after taking a second punch.

Although Heat coach Erik Spoelstra later acknowledged that the mascot’s actor was admitted to the hospital, he reassured reporters that Burnie had not sustained any long-term injuries.

“We won’t reveal who that is, but yeah, he can take a punch and get back up,” Spoelstra said at the time. “He’s not going to miss any time.”

A’skit’ gone wrong is how McGregor has since described the situation.

“The mascot’s good, my man,” he told Adam Glyn in June of 2023. “The Mascot is good. It was a skit, and it went the way it went, but all is well.”

 Even with American help, McGregor has no chance of winning the presidency. It is “near to zero,” according to Gail McElroy, a political science lecturer at Trinity College Dublin, even though he is nominated.

Twenty members of the Oireachtas, lawmakers from Ireland’s lower and upper houses of parliament, or four of the country’s thirty-one local authorities, must endorse a candidate.

Both former European Commissioner Mairead McGuinness and former Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern have been mentioned as possible contenders.

Support for McGregor has grown among a segment of the Right that holds anti-immigration and pro-nationalist beliefs.

 As center-right and centrist parties continue to control Irish politics, Fianna Fáil retained the most seats in the country’s general election last November.

ow Trending:

Please SHARE this story with Family and Friends and let us know what you think!

Continue Reading
To Top